Sundays mean baking day in my house at the moment and I love it! My waist-line not so much but my taste buds? Boy yeah! This weekend, as it was a little warmer, I decided to do something that didn't require an oven so I gave rocky road a go. My mum used to make it all the time and I loved it so I thought I'd try my own version - the lazy girl version...
350g dark chocolate
4 tbsp golden syrup
1. Melt together the chocolate, golden syrup and butter on a low heat. Keep stirring until it's all melted.
2. Take off the heat and add the maltesars and marshmellows
3. Mix together until everything is coated with the melted chocolate mix
4. Pour the mixture into cake cases in a 12 hole cake case
5. Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
It's that simple. Putting them into cake cases eliminates the need to spend valuable arm muscles trying to cut through the hard chocolate and biscuit. Using maltesars as well instead of biscuits is an easy way to include that crunch instead of breaking up biscuits. Lazy? Yes, Easy? Oh yeah. I love this recipe and the addition of easiness, and honestly it tastes so incredibly scrummy. I'd definitely give it a go.