This one is obviously only for the Maid of Honor (Chief Bridesmaid/Matron of Honor - whatever you decide to call her). Basically your absolute best friend. This is basically just a little handbook for the maid of honor about what she is responsible for coming up to the big day, what she can help with and just little tips etc. A cute little special gift just for her.
I was toying with the idea of candles for a while and when I saw these on notonthehighstreet.com I knew I had to get these. I just want to also say how amazing this company was. They accidently sent me the wrong initial and I had the right one within 24 hours with no expectation of returning the other one. Such good customer service and the candles smell amazing. Such a cute little extra touch!
I couldn't actually find the exact one online so I've linked up a similar one. Due to the last present (will explain in a mo) I wanted to put a photo of me and that bridesmaid in a frame - one that meant something to us. This particular one is of my oldest friend on our last day of school together so it has some amazing memories attached to it. I think it's a cute idea and at the end of the day you want them to be your bridesmaid for their connection to you.
I adore this gift. I got 2 bridesmaid ones, and one maid of honor one, and I asked for all the pages inside to be blank. I've then filled these books with photos and memories of our friendship together. Oh yes, I scrapbooked and it took me HOURS! (really - ask my fiance, hours). I love these and wish I had one to keep for myself, but I just thought these were the cutest, most perfect gifts for my besties. So much so I'm not even going to put alternatives...
PLACE TO GO FOR "BE MY BRIDESMAID" GIFTS
I did a LOT of searching online for little bits and pieces and found SO MUCH STUFF. Literally, was incredibly overwhelming. My favourite places to look - the ones I'd recommend - are:
- Etsy: There are some really unique gifts here and I could have bought so many things. I will definitely be coming back for thank you gifts but this was my number one stop.
- Not on the High Street: They have an entire section dedicated to be my bridesmaid gifts and I spent HOURS on here, really. Definitely a great place for unique ideas.
TOP TIPS FOR PICKING GIFTS
I felt very overwhelmed like I said before, so I had to sit myself down and come up with three main guidelines to follow....
- Pick a budget and stick to it.They won't be expecting anything really, so don't plan on spending a fortune. You do have a wedding to pay for after all...
- How will you give it to themWe'd had a dinner planned so I couldn't very well come in with massive plaques or heavy bags. So I picked the number of things I wanted and kept this in mind...
- Keep it personalPicking your bridesmaid is a personal thing, so the gifts should be too. I stuck to photos, initials and personalised pieces to make sure it meant as much to them as it does to me.
This was quite a long post... Planning a wedding and all those other bits is really hard work and it's keeping me so busy. Feeling overwhelmed is a constant state at the moment so sharing things on T&M could help someone else is my position, or at least help me keep a momento of the entire process. I hope you guys enjoy coming on the journey with me!