I do like salads, however they can get a bit boring after a while so I'm always looking for ways to switch them up. I found this recipe in the Hairy Dieter's book (well, as with most of my current healthy recipes) and new I had to give it a try. Easy to make it bulk and tasty on the tongue.
Tuna is not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoy this simple tuna and sweetcorn pasta salad. It's cheap ingredients, stuff you'll usually buy anyway and so simple to put together. I made this in a huge batch to last me the full week of work lunches as well, but the technique is all down below for you... In terms of measurements, it depends on how much you want!
- Cook your pasta until it's tender, then rinse with cold water until cool.
- Mix with tinned tuna in spring water - I scraped out the tin with a fork to break it up a bit more
- Pour sweetcorn over the top. Mix all of that together.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together 3 tbsp of light mayo, 3 tbsp cold water and 2 tbsp of white vinegar until smooth. Then pour over your pasta.
- Lastly, add chopped peppers and salad and mix.
Super super easy, simple and yum. I love this. The pasta makes it filling, whilst the ingredients make it healthy.
Let me know if you have any lunch time suggestions to keep me on a healthy track!